About K Design Studio
What is your vision . . . your creative dream?
K Design Studio is a fresh, innovative Graphic Design and Illustration studio based out of Ontario, Canada. Owner and Creative Director, Kristine Verbeek, has proudly serviced hundreds of international clients, agencies and licenses for 20+ years.
K Design Studio offers you extensive creative services including branding, illustration, product & packaging development, mascot designs, social media, photography, websites and much more. We are your own personal creative studio at your fingertips!
We take pride in becoming a team with our clients and are fully prepared to act like a design department when one doesn’t exist. We believe in efficiency, personal attention, client dedication and celebrating our client’s successes. Let us help you create your dream graphics, capture your clients’ imaginations and boost your sales. Dare to Dream.
Who is Kristine?
Kristine Verbeek is an award winning, versatile Graphic Designer and Illustrator who pulls from over 20 years of agency, Creative Direction and freelance experience. A brainstorming addict and creative problem solver, who feels the most satisfaction when the clients are excited, achieve sales results and keep coming back for more! With 300+ satisfied companies and clients under her very fit creative belt, Kristine uses her diversity of design, product and interactive media knowledge, along with marketing trend research to create successful results for her clients.
Her career includes designing full-time for 5 different agencies, Art Directing for QTG (Quaker Tropicana Gatorade), 5 different malls, 10 restaurants, over 20 entertainment Licenses (including NHL, NFL, Marvel, Warner Bros, Nickelodeon), 3 municipalities, and government funded projects for Parks Canada and Ontario Volleyball. While Creative Directing at HG Studio for 6 years, she managed up to 8 designers, all communications with Licensors, product + press approvals, and worked along side the merchandising team to develop 1000s of products yearly. These products were sold to Mass Market Retailers across Canada. Kristine has learned how to integrate design style with trends, follow critical manufacturing, budget and Licensor guidelines, and inspire others along with herself.
Kristine believes it is CREATIVITY of the mind, that will allow companies to stand above the rest in this competitive, lightening fast-pace industry– by creating cutting-edge visuals to excite their customers. She feels success and fulfillment are determined by HOW we pursue these ideas and dreams and by the choices we make. They are especially more rewarding when achieved through team work, where everyone reaps the benefit.
- Excellence in Education Award for Outstanding Citizenship
- University Human Kinetics Book Award
- County and Home Town Athlete of the Year
- OCAA Varsity Volleyball All-Star
- 3 year MVP and West Ontario Offensive Champion
- District Winner Marion Drysdale Award- Creative Category
- 2nd Place Harrow Art Fair- Oil Painting
- Winner of the 2009 Championships OVA logo competition. Over 100 applicants!
Interesting facts about Kristine
- believes you can learn something from everyone
- has huge passion for kids, sports and nature designs
- illustrated her first published book at age 16
- loves illustrating wild animals
- completed her thesis on the imagery of dragons
- plays and coaches competitive sports (25 years+)
- traveled across Canada and dipped her toes in both oceans
- organized children’s art classes
- is proud that 99% of K Design Studio jobs have been referrals, and has not had 1 slow day since inception
- favourite quote: “Without the heart, there can be no understanding between the hand and the mind.” Madonna